TSB Bank Arena recladding of exterior
Work recladding the exterior of TSB Bank Arena ended late August 2016.
The original TSB Bank Arena exterior recladding plans
We did works to reclad this building to maintain it for future use.
Why we did this work
The Council reclad three sides of the TSB Bank Arena. The two-fold purpose of the work was to:
- redesign the south end of the TSB Bank Arena
- prevent water entering the building through the existing cladding.
Who was involved
- Holmes Wellington Ltd were contracted to do the works
- JLL Project & Development Services project managed the improvements
- The Council’s City Shaper unit and JLL worked closely with Positively Wellington Venues to minimise the disruption.
The TSB Bank Arena, formerly known as the Queens Wharf Events Centre, is an indoor arena built in 1995. In July 2011, Positively Wellington Venues began managing the Arena.
The north section of the Arena, home to Capital E and commercial tenants, is owned and managed by Willis Bond and isn’t part of this upgrade.