When you need a permit
Anyone doing work in a cemetery needs a permit. This includes families, contractors and volunteer groups.
Permits are issued for:
- general maintenance / tidying up
- removing or erecting an upright headstone
- removing or placing a memorial plaque
- reinstating a grave floor
- pressure washing
- any significant repair work to memorials or headstones
- additional inscriptions.
Apply for a permit
When you’re completing the permit application, you must acknowledge any potential work hazards before starting work.