Permit to work in cemetery application form (45KB PDF)
Permits are issued for:
- removing or erecting an upright headstone
- removing or placing a memorial plaque
- reinstating a grave floor
- pressure washing
- any significant repair work to memorials or headstones
- additional inscriptions
- general maintenance/tidy up by family.
The contractor is always required to carry a copy of the permit in the cemetery and also to:
- complete a Cemetery Safety Control Form, acknowledging any potential work hazards before starting work
- complete the Contractor Work Control section of the permit, before and after work is completed
- complete and submit the Declaration by the Nominated Contractor section of the permit after work has been completed.
For more advice and information please contact the Karori Cemetery Office on 04 4766109.