The awards celebrate the valuable contribution made by volunteers. Nominations can be made for any not-for-profit group or organisation working in the interests of the community, including one of which you are a member.
The Awards are designed to recognise past achievements and do not exclude community groups who use professionals to support the delivery of services undertaken by volunteers.
We’ll invite groups who get nominated to an awards event later this year.
This year there is a prize draw for all nominators who will go in the draw to win a Bed and Breakfast package for two from Rydges Wellington Airport.
You can read more about the Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards on the Wellington Airport website.
The awards have five categories:
- Arts and Culture - Enhance and increase participation in arts and creative leisure activities
- Education and Child/Youth Development - Improvement or enhancement of the educational and social development of children / youth
- Health and Wellbeing - Enhancing the health and wellbeing of our community
- Heritage and Environment - Improvement or revitalising of the environment, culture or heritage
- Sport and Leisure - Increase participation and enjoyment in physical sport, leisure activities and recreational pursuits