Ngā Pūrere Whakangahau
Amusement device permits

Fairground rides, inflatables and vertical bungies require approval from the Council and will incur a fee. Check with us if you're not sure if the device requires approval.

If you're having an amusement device such as a fairground ride, inflatable or vertical bungie at your event, we need:

  • the operator's contact details
  • a copy of the device's registration certificate
  • the times the device will be used.

We may contact you about doing an onsite safety inspection.

Booking an outdoor event

If you are booking an outdoor event with us, we will ask for amusement device details when we confirm your outdoor event booking.

Events on private land

If your event is on private land, for example, a school field, apply for an amusement device permit using this form:


For one device, for the first 7 days of proposed operation or part thereof $10 + GST
For each additional device operated by the same owner, for the first 7 days or part thereof $2
For each device, for each further period of 7 days or part thereof $1

Contact us

Check with us if you're not sure if the device requires approval. The Building Compliance and Consents team is available Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.

Building Compliance and Consents
Phone: 04 801 4311