10 Linden Avenue, Linden.
No DJs or live bands after 10pm.
On Fridays, the Kai Kitchen Initiative provides a hot meal to all Linden residents and friends from 12:30pm-1.30pm. It’s a chance to meet and chat with the community over a hot meal, get to know neighbours, and share ideas on how to make Linden a better place to live.
The initiative is run entirely by volunteers. Contact email@example.com if you're keen to help out, or want more information.
The centre is also used on a regular basis by many community groups for meetings and other activities.
Linden Social Centre - Facebook
There is off-street parking for 20 vehicles, and some further spaces around the hall.
- An entry ramp at the front entrance
- Access to unisex toilets
- A mobility car park in front of the facility
Linden Social Centre interior
The centre also has many hireable areas and facilities that can accommodate a range of activities including social functions and other recreation and leisure activities. This centre has free wifi available.
- Holds a maximum of 120 people; 120 chairs and 17 tables.
- Has a large kitchen with two servery doors, 2 ovens, 2 fridges, microwave and Zip hot water boiler (no cutlery, crockery or catering services).
- This space also has a stage, but the use of the stage has to be confirmed by the Centre Advocate.
- The floor is all carpet apart from a small square wooden dance floor area.
Doris Mills Lounge:
- Seating for about 24 people around 4 tables, but could accommodate 30–35 people.
- Has a small kitchenette with Zip, small fridge, microwave and griller.
Bookings and charges
To make a booking, contact:
Linden Social Centre Advocate
10 Linden Ave
||Monday–Friday: 10:30am–1pm / 2pm–5pm
Public holidays: Closed
||(04) 232 6196
Standard hireage charges apply:
Food and alcohol restrictions
If you want to sell alcohol, you need to apply for a special liquor licence:
Apply for a Licence - Special Licence