10 Linden Avenue, Linden.
No DJs or live bands after 10pm.
On Fridays, the Kai Kitchen Initiative provides a hot meal to all Linden residents and friends from 12:30pm-1.30pm. It’s a chance to meet and chat with the community over a hot meal, get to know neighbours, and share ideas on how to make Linden a better place to live.
The initiative is run entirely by volunteers, so contact Denise Byarugaba if you're keen to help out, or want more information.
The centre is also used on a regular basis by many community groups for meetings and other activities.
Linden Social Centre - Facebook
There is off-street parking for 20 vehicles, and some further spaces around the hall.
- An entry ramp at the front entrance
- Access to unisex toilets
- A mobility car park in front of the facility
Linden Social Centre interior
The centre also has many hireable areas and facilities that can accommodate a range of activities including social functions and other recreation and leisure activities. This centre has free wifi available.
- Holds a maximum of 120 people; 120 chairs and 17 tables.
- Has a large kitchen with two servery doors, 2 ovens, 2 fridges, microwave and Zip hot water boiler (no cutlery, crockery or catering services).
- This space also has a stage, but the use of the stage has to be confirmed by the Centre Advocate.
- The floor is all carpet apart from a small square wooden dance floor area.
Doris Mills Lounge:
- Seating for about 24 people around 4 tables, but could accommodate 30–35 people.
- Has a small kitchenette with Zip, small fridge, microwave and griller.
Bookings and charges
To make a booking, contact:
Linden Social Centre Advocate
10 Linden Ave
||Monday–Friday: 10:30am–1pm / 2pm–5pm
Public holidays: Closed
||(04) 232 6196
Standard hireage charges apply:
Food and alcohol restrictions
If you want to sell alcohol, you need to apply for a special liquor licence:
Apply for a Licence - Special Licence