Linden Social Centre
The Linden Social Centre is a modern building with a large kitchen, carpeted floor and community room. The facilities are suitable for weddings, social functions and other recreation and leisure activities.
10 Linden Avenue, Linden.
Pop in and chat with Denise Byarugaba from Wellington City Council about anything and everything Linden during their drop in hours of 9am–2.30pm Tuesdays–Thursdays. Even just for a cuppa and to say hello.
The centre is also used on a regular basis by many community groups for meetings and other activities:
Tawa and Linden Community Centres - Facebook
There is off-street parking for 20 vehicles, and some further spaces around the hall.
- An entry ramp at the front entrance
- Access to unisex toilets
- A mobility car park in front of the facility
Linden Social Centre interior
The centre also has many hireable areas and facilities that can accommodate a range of activities including social functions and other recreation and leisure activities. This centre has free wifi available.
- Holds a maximum of 120 people; 120 chairs and 17 tables.
- Has a large kitchen with two servery doors, 2 ovens, 2 fridges, microwave and Zip hot water boiler (no cutlery, crockery or catering services).
- This space also has a stage, but the use of the stage has to be confirmed by the Centre Advocate.
- The floor is all carpet apart from a small square wooden dance floor area.
Doris Mills Lounge:
- Seating for about 24 people around 4 tables, but could accommodate 30–35 people.
- Has a small kitchenette with Zip, small fridge, microwave and griller.
Bookings and charges
To make a booking, contact:
Tawa Community Centre Coordinator
5 Cambridge Street
||Monday–Friday: 9am–1pm / 2pm–4:30pm
Public holidays: Closed
||(04) 232 1682
Standard hireage charges apply:
Food and alcohol restrictions
If you want to sell alcohol, you need to apply for a special liquor licence:
Apply for a Licence - Special Licence