Official information request

The Issues Resolution Office is the main point of contact for official information requests for information held by the Council.

How to make a request

You can complete the request form below or write directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Mayor or the business unit that deals directly with the information you are seeking.

Official Information Request Form

Issues Resolution Office

Phone 04 499 4444
Fax 04 801 3048
Postal Address Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199

Council policy

Requests for official information are governed by the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (LGOIMA) and the Privacy Act 1993. These aim to balance issues of transparency and public interest with limits on the disclosure of personal information.

Request process

A decision on whether your request is to be granted is made within 20 working days. (That is, if your request is to be granted, in what manner and for what charge, if any.) The actual information requested may be provided outside that time frame. If your request is more urgent, you will need to explain why.