Tawa Community Centre
The Tawa Community Centre is a large, welcoming facility centrally located in the heart of Tawa. The centre can be booked for social gatherings, meetings or classes. You can also drop into the centre during opening hours to enjoy a cup of coffee and a chat.
5 Cambridge Street, Tawa (between the library and New World).
Monday–Friday: 9am–1pm / 2pm–4:30pm
Public holidays: Closed
The Centre is used on a regular basis by many community groups for activities such as dancing and fitness classes, art classes, seminars, toastmasters and holiday programmes.
On-street parking is available, as well as parking in the car park at the supermarket-end of the building. Mobility parking at the front.
The three front entrances are all accessible. Accessible toilets are in the middle of the building. There is a mobility car park at the front of the building.
The centre also has many hireable areas and facilities that can accommodate a range of activities including social functions and other recreation and leisure activities.
- Kitchen: Shared use of a fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher, hot water Zip and urn. Services the Boardroom, small room and open area.
- Equipment: Whiteboard, projector on request, screen, smart TV in the Boardroom.
- Hall: Seats 100, includes 100 chairs and 15 trestle tables. Has its own kitchen (fridge, oven, microwave, zip) and toilets. The floor is mostly wooden with a small section of carpet at one end.
- Open area: Seats 40 (or 80 standing); 40 chairs plus some couches. Tables available.
- Meeting rooms:
- Boardroom: Seats 20 people around table + 17 seated around room. Smart TV is fixed in this room for use.
- Small room: Small room seats 10–12 people.
Bookings and charges
Tawa Community Centre Coordinator
Standard hireage charges apply. For more information about hirage, see Bookings.