5 Cambridge Street, Tawa (between the library and New World).
Monday–Friday: 9am–1pm / 2pm–4:30pm
Public holidays: Closed
No DJs or live bands after 10pm
The Centre is used on a regular basis by many community groups for activities such as dancing and fitness classes, art classes, seminars, toastmasters and holiday programmes.
Tawa Community Centre - Facebook
On-street parking is available, as well as parking in the car park at the supermarket-end of the building. Mobility parking at the front.
The three front entrances are all accessible. Accessible toilets are in the middle of the building. There is a mobility car park at the front of the building.
The centre also has many hireable areas and facilities that can accommodate a range of activities including social functions and other recreation and leisure activities.
- Kitchen: Shared use of a fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher, hot water Zip and urn. Services the Boardroom, small room and open area.
- Equipment: Whiteboard, projector on request, screen, smart TV in the Boardroom.
- Hall: Seats 100, includes 100 chairs and 15 trestle tables. Has its own kitchen (fridge, oven, microwave, zip) and toilets. The floor is mostly wooden with a small section of carpet at one end.
- Open area: Seats 40 (or 80 standing); 40 chairs plus some couches. Tables available.
- Meeting rooms:
- Boardroom: Seats 20 people around table + 17 seated around room. Smart TV is fixed in this room for use.
- Small room: Small room seats 10–12 people.
Bookings and charges
Tawa Community Centre Coordinator
Standard hireage charges apply. For more information about hirage, see Bookings.