Tawa Community Centre
The Tawa Community Centre is a large, welcoming facility centrally located in the heart of Tawa. The centre can be booked for social gatherings, meetings or classes. You can also drop into the centre during opening hours to enjoy a cup of coffee and a chat.
5 Cambridge Street, Tawa (between the library and the supermarket).
Monday - Friday: 9am-1pm
The Centre is used on a regular basis by many community groups for activities such as dancing and fitness classes, art classes, seminars, toastmasters and holiday programmes.
On-street parking is available, as well as parking in the car park at the supermarket-end of the building. Mobility parking at the front.
The three front entrances are all accessible. Accessible toilets are in the middle of the building. There is a mobility car park at the front of the building.
The centre also has many hireable areas and facilities that can accommodate a range of activities including social functions and other recreation and leisure activities.
- Kitchen: Shared use of a fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher, some crockery and cutlery
- Equipment: Whiteboard
- Hall: Seats 100 - 120 people (or 150 standing); 80 chairs, 10 trestle tables
- Open area: Seats 40 (or 80 standing); 50 chairs, 2 tables
- Boardroom: Seats 15 people around tables, + 17 seated around room
- Meeting rooms: Small room seats 10 - 12 people
- Outdoors: Small outdoor area with a BBQ
Bookings and charges
Tawa Community Centre Coordinator
Standard hireage charges apply. For more information about hirage, see Bookings.