If you are going to be late (after 3:30pm or 5:30pm, depending on registration), please ring the facility to notify staff. A 10 minute grace period will be given for all late pick-ups. If a child is not picked up within 10 minutes of the conclusion of the programme, a $5 late fee will be incurred.
You can update your contact details by phoning the Contact Centre on 04 801 4403, or emailing email@example.com.
Care before and after holiday programme activities
Before care (Tawa Recreation Centre only)
Before care starts at 7.45am. Anyone wishing to sign their child in before 8.30am must register and pay for before care, or wait until sign-in opens at 8.30am. Leaving children at the centre unsupervised before 8.30am is not appropriate.
After care (all facilities)
Children must be collected by 3.30pm if they are not registered for after care or extra fees will be charged. All children in after care must be collected by 5.30pm. Children enrolled in after care need to bring extra food for the longer days activities.
Caregivers agree to these terms by enrolling their child
1. The Council offers school holiday programmes between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm on weekdays. However some of our holiday programmes offer before & after care.
2. The Caregiver has enrolled their child or children in a Programme as specified in the Booking Form, and agrees to the terms and conditions set out below.
What happens if I want to transfer or withdraw my child?
3. Where a Caregiver wishes to withdraw or transfer a child from the Programme, written notice must be provided to the Facility Team Leader. Refunds are made as follows:
(a) Notification given with 10 working days of the commencement of the Programme, if the Caregiver requires a cash refund: the Programme Fee, less the dministration ee. If the Caregiver requires an account credit, or requests a transfer of the child to another Programme: the Programme Fee and no Administration Fee applies.
(b) Notification given less than 10 working days but within 2 working days of the commencement of the Programme, an account credit of the Programme Fee less the Administration Fee. No cash refunds will be given in this instance.
(c) Notification less than two working days of the commencement of the Programme no refund, account credit or make up day.
4. Transfers can only be made where another Programme has availability and during the same school holiday period.
What happens if my child is sick or absent?
5. Where a child is unable to attend the Programme, the Caregiver will notify the facility preferably by phone or alternatively by email by 8:30 am on the morning of the Programme.
- If caregivers have concerns that a child may be unwell, this information must be shared with Council staff on arrival.
- Any unwell child will not be accepted on the programme at the discretion of the Team Leader. The parent / caregiver will be requested to take the child home.
(a) One day Illness cancellation: if a child is unable to attend a day of the Programme due to illness, the Council will issue an account credit equivalent to one days Programme Fees minus an administration fee of $8 to the Caregivers account.
(b) Multiple Day Illness cancellations: In the instance that a child will miss two or more days due to illness each day of Programme Fees, minus an administration fee will be given. No refunds or account credits will be given due to illness unless a medical certificate is presented.
- Note: Medical certificates need to be presented within a week.
(c) Bereavement cancellation: refunds and account credits may be given by the Facility Team Leader at his or her discretion in the event of bereavement.
6. The Facility Team Leader reserves the right to cancel or postpone or vary the Programme at their discretion.
What is expected of my child attending the Programme?
7. Children are expected to follow all instructions from Council staff in preparation for and taking part in Programme and visiting the Facility. Council may exclude children who continually behave in a manner which is disruptive or unsafe, or refuse to follow instructions from Council staff.
8. Children are to stay within the Facility premises at all times. What health and safety rules apply?
9. All holiday programmes are OSCAR accredited, with the exception of the ASB Sports Centre Sporting Skills and Break Out programmes.
10. OSCAR requirement: Transportation methods vary, including public transportation, private taxi charters, and private coach hires and walking. By accepting Terms & Conditions you agree to the transportation methods by the programme provider.
11. Caregivers must provide adequate food and a water bottle for their child. Children will not be permitted to leave the programme to buy food during the day. Appropriate footwear, cold weather, rain or sun gear is also to be worn.
12. Council staff will take all reasonable steps to ensure the health and safety of children while they participate in all Wellington City Council holiday programmes.
13. Only suitable movies rated G or PG (Caregiver guidance recommended) may be shown to children. All PG movies will be previewed and approved by a staff member.
- Note: The exception to this guideline for the Break Out programme at the ASB Sports Centre.
14. In conjunction with the Council, the Caregiver shall take reasonably practicable steps to ensure the risks to health and safety of people are eliminated, or if not possible, minimised as required by the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. The Council will communicate any hazards and risks known to be associated with the Facility prior to the Programme commencing.
15. Children are required to wear or bring sunscreen and a hat every day to wear outside. Staff will make sunscreen available to children before every outing. Assistance with providing & applying will be in accordance of our self care policy.
16. Council staff will ensure that all children are provided with a health and safety briefing at the commencement of the Programme.
17. All children must comply with any notice or direction given by Council staff relating to the control, safe use, security and protection of the Facility.
18. Caregivers must ensure that any medical conditions or allergies are disclosed on the Booking Form, and that adequate arrangements are in place to manage these.
19. All Council sites are smoke free areas.
20. If requested by staff, parent/guardian to provide photo identification when signing out child.
21. In case of an emergency at the venue your child is attending, staff will follow specific policy & procedures guidelines. These are available upon request.
22.To ensure we are able to contact parent/care giver please provide one main contact and two additional emergency contacts.
23. ASB Sports Centre Only: For older children attending ASB Sports Centre Breakout programme please also supply staff with their personal mobile phone number.
24.To dispense medicine to a child the medicine must be directly supplied by the parent/guardian.
25. When medicine is provided by a parent/guardian this must be noted on the medical consent form provided by the facility
26.In the instance a participant has an inhaler the parent/guardian can choose to have the participant or supervisor responsible for the inhaler. A medical consent form must be filled out for an inhaler by the parent/guardian.
What are the payment terms?
27. All Programme fees must be paid in full at time of booking. The Council may cancel a booking if payment is not received on, or before, the due date.
What happens if something gets damaged?
28. Toys should be left at home unless a request has been made for particular items to be brought along.
29. The Council staff will not be liable and will not accept liability for any loss or damage arising (by way of accident, injury, theft or otherwise) suffered by any person resulting from visiting the facility, or otherwise participating in any programme or activity at the facility, but every care will be taken. Please ensure all electronic devices and valuables to stay in childs bag.
30. Copies of policies & procedures will be available at all venues for parents to view.
31. Wellington City Council (the Council) and the Facility Team Leader reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions or to impose further conditions at any time.