Birthday Parties at the Pools
Birthday pool parties are best suited for 5 to 12-year-olds.
Birthday party options are available at five of our swimming pools.
Parties can be held between 1pm–2.45pm or 3pm–4.45pm on Saturday or Sunday.
We offer parties for kids aged 5 to 12 years.
Costs for all parties include pool admission for all children and accompanying adults, hydro slide bands and use of tables and chairs. Options are available to book the BBQ as well. You can also bring your own MP3 player to play some music!
To book a birthday party, contact Karori Pool reception on 04 476 5400
| 1 - 12 children
| 13 - 20 children
|| $75+ $3.70 per additional child
Please note: The hydroslide runs for the public from 2.00pm - 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
The main pool inflatable runs for the public from 1.30 - 4.00pm on Saturdays only.
Keith Spry Pool
Party option: One
Swim and play as long as you like, and book the food area for one hour to
have a break and enjoy some party food. The food area is in the main pool with
easy access to and from the children’s play pool.
- Available from 9.30am–7.30pm Saturdays and Sundays, and
during the school holidays.
- Bring your own food.
Party option: Two
Exclusive access to the teaching pool, a 10x10 metre pool. Swim and play for
one hour and then move to the food area for the second hour of the party.
- Available from 2pm–7.30pm Saturdays and Sundays.
- Bring your own food.
To book a birthday party, contact Keith Spry
Parties are available on Saturday or Sunday from 1pm–3pm or 3.30pm–5.30pm.
Parties are assigned designated tables and chairs space in the toddler area. Options are available to book:
- a barbeque
- an inflatable in the learner pool
- use of the main pool inflatable.
To book a birthday party, contact Tawa Pool.
The pool is available during summer for hire after hours for birthday parties for 8 to 14 year-olds
The pool is available for hire at the following times:
|Friday, Saturday and Sunday
||7pm - 9pm
To book a birthday party, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellington Regional Aquatic Centre (WRAC)
For $16 per child, and $14.70 for under 5's, you receive:
- pool entry for children and all accompanying parents and caregivers
- your own dedicated dry area in which there will be table and chairs for your group
- food from our menu options.
WRAC Birthday Party menu options (241KB PDF)
You need to pay a deposit of $40 when booking and make the final payment at the end of the party. The minimum charge for each party is eight children - up to a maximum of 20. A tab can be arranged with the café on the day for tea and coffee.
Parties can be held at the following times:
||10am, 1pm and 4pm
||1pm and 4pm
To book a birthday party, call the Aquatic Café on 04 387 8901.
Food served at a WRAC booked party must be bought from the Aquatic Café. You may bring your own birthday cake and snacks for small children.
All our pool operations meet the national requirements of the PoolSafe standards and there'll be supervision by qualified lifeguards throughout the party.
For you and your children to have a great time at the pool, you need to follow these pool rules:
- Actively supervise children who under 8 years old at all times (but you don't need to be in the water with them).
- Keep children under 5 years old within arms-length of an adult at all times.
- No food or drink should be eaten outside of the poolside party area.
- Anyone who has had diarrhoea within 14 days of the party should not swim for health reasons.
- Children are not allowed in the saunas or steam rooms.