The hydrotherapy pool provides a unique environment in which to exercise, relax and rehabilitate. The pool has:
- a temperature of 34 degrees
- a walk-in / wheelchair access ramp
- accessible facilities
- a range of free pool exercise equipment (noodles, aqua belts, barbells, dumbbells and cuffs)
- a lifeguard present at all times.
Hydrotherapy involves the use of warm water for pain relief, relaxation and a range of treatments. Long recognised as a gentle and effective aid, it can help:
- give relief from joint pain and conditions such as arthritis and osteoporosis
- with rehabilitation after injury, bone fractures and joint replacement
- improve flexibility, balance, and coordination
- improve general fitness and strengthen muscles
- with neurological disorders such as stroke, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease.
Hydrotherapy classes are low impact classes that help to increase mobility, strength, flexibility, coordination and fitness. Specially designed for those who suffer from arthritis, joint and circulation problems, or have limited mobility; hydrotherapy classes are held in our warm, private hydrotherapy pool. Classes are led by professionals trained by Arthritis New Zealand physiotherapists. Training includes exercise principles and safety issues specific to people with arthritis.
| Day and time
||12 noon, Wednesdays
|| $11 /$5.50 with Leisure Card
|| 45-minute class
| Maximum capacity
Our most gentle group fitness class is designed as an introduction to exercising in our Hydrotherapy pool, using very low intensity movements that will help you increase mobility, strength, flexibility, coordination and fitness. Hydro Motion is designed for those living with health conditions that may limit movement, or those looking for a gentle form of exercise to maintain general fitness and well-being.
As space is limited, please make a booking if you want to attend a class. Bookings can be accepted 1 week in advance and can be made by phoning Reception on 04 387 8029.
If you wish to hire the hydrotherapy pool, please contact the Booking Officer on 04 803 8355