Types of property reports
There are three types of property reports available:
- properties with up to 2 household units
- properties with 3 - 8 household units
- properties with 9 or more household units.
(One building may contain several household units. For example, a large house may be divided into three flats / units or an apartment building may have 20 units.)
Property reports are not available to commercial properties, including mixed residential/commercial properties. If you require a report for a commercial property, please apply for a LIM report.
What a property report includes
The report includes the following details:
- aerial photograph of the property
- public and private drainage plans
- computer details about the property
- summarised relevant residential rules from the District Plan
- details of building permits and consent records
- rates information
- summarised encroachment details
The property report is prepared using limited computer record information only.
Copies of building permits and consents (which usually include floor plans) are not included with this report. To get a copy of this information use the building consent search.
Get a property report
1 - 2 household units on the property
Apply and pay online:
Apply by email or in person:
If you'd like a hard copy of the application form, fill out the application form below and either email it or bring it in to the Council in person.