Types of property reports
There are three types of property reports available:
- properties with up to 2 household units
- properties with 3 - 8 household units
- properties with 9 or more household units.
(One building may contain several household units. For example, a large house may be divided into three flats / units or an apartment building may have 20 units.)
Note: Property reports are not available to commercial properties, including mixed residential/commercial properties. If you require a report for a commercial property, please apply for a LIM report.
What a property report includes
The report includes the following details:
- aerial photograph of the property
- public and private drainage plans
- computer details about the property
- summarised relevant residential rules from the District Plan
- details of building permits and consent records
- rates information
- summarised encroachment details
The property report is prepared using limited computer record information only.
Note: Copies of building permits and consents (which usually include floor plans) are not included with this report. To get a copy of this information use the building consent search.
Get a property report
1 - 2 household units on the property
Apply and pay online
Apply by email or in person
If you'd like a hard copy of the application form, fill out the application form below and either email it or bring it in to the Council in person.