If you are interested in selling or buying a property, you can apply for a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) to help you thoroughly check it out. You can apply online for a LIM report.
What a LIM report includes
A LIM is a comprehensive report that has all relevant information the Council knows about a property or section.
LIM information includes:
- any special feature of the land Council knows about including the downhill movement, gradual sinking or wearing away of any land, the falling of rock or earth, flooding of any type and possible contamination or hazardous substances
- information the Council holds on private and public stormwater and sewerage drains
- rates information
- any consents, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings
- District Plan classifications that relate to the land or buildings
- any other classifications on the land or buildings notified to the Council by network utility operators in relation to the Building Act 2004
- any other information the Council deems relevant.
Note: A LIM includes a list of permits and consents but not the documents. If you need the documents, which may include floor plans, use our building consent search service.
What you'll need to apply for a LIM
To apply for a LIM, you will need to have a current (no older than 3 months) Computer Register (Record of Title) to attach to your LIM request. To get a copy of your Record of Title, contact LINZ or order one online.
We can't start processing your request until we receive a copy of the Record of Title.