Concept design – second consultation (827KB PDF)
The design focuses on:
- Leaving the long open grassy area (north end) open and free of play equipment.
- Updating play equipment to provide a range of play value and minimise the effects on the Norfolk Island Pine roots. This includes a flying fox, tall slide, climbing and balancing apparatus.
Guide to the updated play equipment (2.4MB PDF)
Artist's impression of the updated play equipment
- Adding a separate and fenced play area for toddlers and younger children.
- Creating of a new picnic and barbecue area where families can gather. The barbecue will be provided by PLS Consulting Limited, the developer of the new housing on Regent Street.
The installation of public toilets and redevelopment of the existing asphalt area is outside the scope of this project. The feedback received on these will be kept for use with any potential development of these items in future projects.
- 9 July 2019: Initial engagement – feedback survey opened: Complete
- 28 July 2019: Community drop-in session: Complete
- 12 August 2019: Initial engagement – feedback survey closed: Complete
- September/October 2019: Concept design development: Complete
- 29 November 2019: Concept design presented to the public: Complete
- 14 16 December 2019: Feedback on concept design closed: Completes
- January 2019: Final concept design to be presented to the public
- April/May 2020: Construction to begin
Sam Malaulau, Play Spaces Specialist
Parks, Sports and Recreation