Proposed Waterfront Development Plan 2015-18
||2 April 2015
||24 April 2015
|Number of submissions
- 26 May 2015
The Governance, Finance and Planning Committee reviewed submissions alongside 2015-25 Long-term Plan deliberations: Committee meeting - 26.05.15.
- 24 June 2015
Proposed Waterfront Development Plan presented to Council as part of the Wellington Urban Growth Plan: Council meeting - 24.06.15.
Under the Wellington Waterfront Framework, the Council agrees an annual work plan for the waterfront and sends it out for consultation with the wider public before it is adopted.
Every three-years the Council agrees on a Waterfront Development Plan as part of the Long Term Plan planning and funding processes.
The key projects that are planned for the next three years are:
- development of the Promenade
- maintenance of the seawall and wharf
- development of the Waitangi Precinct
- adding a public toilet and change facility to the popular jump platform at the Taranaki Street Wharf Precinct
- redeveloping Frank Kitts Park
- development of the Queens Wharf Precinct
- proposed helicopter base on the outer-T of Queens Wharf
- development of the Kumutoto Precinct
- relocating the motorhome park
- investigating the proposed film museum
- ongoing repairs, maintenance and renewals projects.