Ngā amuamu me ngā tono pārongo
Information requests

You can request official information held by the Council or any personal information we hold about you.

Types of information requests

If the information you are interested in is not available on this website or from our staff, then there are two types of information requests that we can help you with: Official Information requests, and Privacy Act requests.

These requests for information are governed by the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (LGOIMA) and the Privacy Act 2020.

Official Information requests

Privacy Act requests

How to make a request

Timeframe for a response to your request

When you may need to pay for information

Withholding or refusing information

Contact us

If you have further questions about our process, need clarification or want new or additional information, email