Council arts advisors are available to provide advice and help to artists, arts organisations and the wider community. They also help to foster partnerships between the artists and the wider community.
The Arts Programme Advisor is available to advise individuals and organisations involved in creative projects.
Areas covered include:
- funding for arts projects
- arts activity and resources available through the Council
- festivals, community events and art-related activities
- project development and resources
- funding and grants opportunities
- arts education and outreach
- audience development and promotion
- professional development and artist-in-residence programmes
- venues, exhibition and studio spaces
- requests for proposals for public art projects.
Public Art Fund
The Council funds the research, development, commissioning and implementation of public art activity in Wellington. To put forward a proposal for a public artwork, see:
Public Art Proposals
The Council has several grants available for the arts including:
- the cultural pool of the Council's general grants
- Creative Communities NZ Wellington Local Funding Scheme
For more information about these grants and how to apply, see;