Closing: Thursday 29 February 2024
Contact: Yvonne Mackie, Funding Team Leader: email@example.com
Value: $130,000 to allocate through two funding rounds each year. See past allocations (275KB PDF)
About the fund
This funding is administered by Council and is from Creative New Zealand (CNZ),
Around 70% of CNZ’s income (and this funding) comes from proceeds of the New Zealand Lottery.
Projects seeking funding from this scheme should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Participation – the project creates opportunities for local communities to engage with, and participate in, local arts activities.
- Diversity – the project supports the diverse
artistic and cultural traditions of local communities.
- Young people – the project enables and encourages young people (under 18 years) to engage with and participate in the arts.
To be eligible for funding, projects must take place within the Wellington city rate-paying area (includes Tawa, but not Lower and Upper Hutt or Porirua). Projects already receiving Creative New Zealand funding are not eligible. Contact a Funding Advisor if you intend to apply to the Creative Communities Scheme and any CreativeNZ fund.
To find out more about these criteria, see the application guide:
In 2023/24 we have additional funding from Creative NZ to support established festivals that celebrate life experiences, stories, cultures, and regional identities of New Zealanders, which continue to be impacted by the effects of COVID-19.
In the first funding round, $33,126 of the $43,608 available was allocated to five festivals. This leaves $10,482 which will be allocated as part of the CCS grants in the second funding round, closing February 2024.
- intended to help the sector adapt and thrive as we move away from the effects of COVID-19 and
- to improve access and participation and provide opportunities for development and employment for communities in the cultural sector.
Please note that:
- a festival involves an integrated programme of events and activities, featuring one or more artforms, from any cultural tradition, that takes place within a defined area or region over a designated period of time
- an established festival has been delivered at least once in the past five years (this may include digital presentation)
- this is arts funding and does not include food or wine festivals and
- all other CCS criteria apply.
Apply for the fund
You can apply for the Creative Communities fund through our Funding Portal. If you're a first-time applicant, you will also need to register in the portal. You can also check your application status if you've already applied for funding. If you receive an error message when trying to access the funding portal on a mobile device, please use these instructions or contact the Funding Team.
Go to the Funding Portal