This policy sets out to allow for greater flexibility when consulting and engaging with communities on issues and matters and replaces both our earlier Significance Policy and Engagement Policy.
Significance and Engagement Policy – June 2018 (1.30MB PDF) | Text version (9.32MB RTF)
- Making it work in practice
- 1. General approach
- 2. Factors that guide Council’s decision-making process
- Schedule 1: The criteria and factors for assessing significance
- 3. The Council’s approach to engagement
- How does the Council engage?
- 4. Policy review
- 5. Special Consultative Procedure (SCP)
- 6. Principles of consultation
- 7. Strategic assets
- 8. Schedule of Strategic Assets