If you are interested in selling or buying a property, you can apply for a Land Information Memorandum (LIM) to help you thoroughly check it out. You can apply online for a LIM report.
What a LIM report includes
A LIM is a comprehensive report that has all relevant information the Council knows about a property or section.
LIM information includes:
- any special feature of the land Council knows about including the downhill movement, gradual sinking or wearing away of any land, the falling of rock or earth, flooding of any type and possible contamination or hazardous substances
- information the Council holds on private and public stormwater and sewerage drains
- rates information
- any consents, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings
- District Plan classifications that relate to the land or buildings
- any other classifications on the land or buildings notified to the Council by network utility operators in relation to the Building Act 2004
- any other information the Council deems relevant.
Note: A LIM includes a list of permits and consents but not the documents. If you need the documents, which may include floor plans, use our building consent search service.
What you'll need to apply for a LIM
To apply for a LIM, you will need to have a current (no older than 3 months) Computer Register (Record of Title) to attach to your LIM request. To get a copy of your Record of Title, contact LINZ or order one online.
We can't start processing your request until we receive a copy of the Record of Title.
All LIM applications will be acknowledged by email. If you do not receive confirmation by email within two working days, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 801 4303.
Don't want to apply online?
Print out the application form below and either mail it to email@example.com or post it. Payment can be made via credit card over the phone or through direct credit bank transfer, please specify which method you would prefer when you send in your application. We will then get in touch with you to request payment. Please remember to include a recent copy of the Record of Title (Computer Register) with your application.
|LIM: Non-residential base fee
|LIM: Per hour after seven hours
All charges include GST.
Any materials expenses are not included in these prices and are additional charges.
A cancellation fee is applied based on the number of elapsed days from the date of request.
|Refunds issued if cancelled
|Within 1 working day
|Between 1 and 3 working days
|After 3 working days
If the final process of compiling a LIM has already begun when you notify us that a LIM is not required, there will be no refund. In these cases, the LIM will be issued.
The following time frames exclude public holidays and do not apply for the period 25 December - 15 January.
A LIM usually takes up to 10 working days to process.
A LIM Fast-track Residential takes 5 days. (Criteria apply and applications will only be accepted on a case-by-case basis.)
A LIM is issued under legislation
Information on land and property is sourced from Council records, with the Council obliged to make it available on request under Section 44A of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987.