How to appeal a parking ticket
For your appeal to be considered, we must receive it on or before the due date on your ticket. Make sure to include supporting information and evidence, such as photographs or confirmation of medical appointments, as these can help us understand your situation better. You must have a valid reason to dispute your ticket.
Reasons to appeal a parking ticket
To appeal online, you'll need to:
- fill in your parking ticket number and licence plate number
- explain the circumstances you would like us to consider
- provide photographs, screenshots or documents or any other supporting evidence.
Allow 10 working days for us to consider your appeal and respond.
Appeal a parking ticket
Appeal in writing by post
To appeal in writing, you'll need to include:
- your parking ticket number and licence plate number
- your full name and postal address
- an explanation of the circumstances you would like us to consider
- photographs, screenshots or documents or any other supporting evidence.
Post your appeal to:
Wellington City Council
PO Box 2199
Allow 10 working days (from the date your appeal is received) plus postage time for us to consider your appeal and respond.
If we decline your appeal
If you believe you have grounds to appeal your parking ticket and we decline it, you can then choose to have the matter heard by the Courts.
Have your appeal heard by the Courts
You can view, pay or appeal your parking ticket online.
To talk to the Parking Resolutions team, phone our Contact Centre between 8am and 5pm on 04 499 4444.