View our When to put out your rubbish collections calendar to find out what date to put your rubbish and recycling out for collection.
Collection times – Suburbs
- Rubbish and recycling out by 7am
Put your rubbish and recycling out by 7am on your weekly collection day. Collection times vary according to the suburb you live in. Please don't put collections out any earlier than 7pm the evening before your collection day.
- you place your wheelie bins, bags and crates as close to the kerb as possible
- wheelie bins are placed where they won't blow over and that the lid is completely closed with the wheelie bin clip firmly attached.
Alternating recycling collection days
In the suburbs, recycling is collected weekly from the kerbside on the same day as your rubbish is collected. However, the recycling materials collected are on alternate weeks:
- one week: paper, metal and plastic - place in wheelie bins or green recycling plastic bags
- next week: glass - place clean glass only in the 45-litre green recycling crates.
View our When to put out your rubbish collections calendar to find out which week it is for your street.
Collection times – Inner city
- Between 5.30pm and 10pm every night.
Leave rubbish out any night of the week between 5.30pm and 10pm.
Note: Only use official Council rubbish bags. Place bags as close to the kerb as possible.
- Between 5.30pm and 10pm Tuesday nights.
Place your bags out on the footpath between 5.30pm and 10pm every Tuesday night. Recycling is collected on Tuesdays after 10pm from the central business district.
Note: All recycling materials must be sorted and placed in clear plastic bags or we will not collect them.