Please note you do need to separate out certain items (see below) from your green waste before you come to the landfill.
What you can include in your green waste
You can dispose of the following green waste at the landfill's transfer station:
- lawn clippings
- tree prunings less than 50cm in diameter
- logs less than 50cm in diameter.
Items not to include in your green waste
Don't include any of the following in your green waste:
- flax (harakeke, wharariki)
- cabbage tree (ti kouka) and other species of the cordyline family
- kitchen waste
- any plants or plant material infected with myrtle rust.
Check out our before you visit section before dropping off your waste.
Putting Wellington's green waste to good use
We take your green waste and with regular turning and temperature monitoring turn it into compost and garden products within just three months. Find out more about our Capital Compost process and product range.