To find out more about how our holiday programmes work, make sure you read the terms and conditions. You'll find out everything you need to know about what to do if you are going to be late or have to miss a session, before and after care arrangements, and health and safety.
Holiday programme terms and conditions
ASB Sports Centre
- OSCAR programme Fun and Run: A day of recreation, inflatables, and scooter, ideal for kids aged 5 to 12.
- Sporting Skills: A full day 3-sports programme, ideal for kids aged 7 to 13.
- Breakout: A more mature programme with youth based activities, ideal for ages 11 to 14.
- Active Play: A casual drop in programme with an inflatable and soft equipment, ideal for ages 1 to 10. Note: Programme runs 9:30am - 11:30am every day during school holidays except for Saturdays.
ASB Sports Centre Holiday Programme – July 2020 (250KB PDF)
Tawa Recreation Centre
OSCAR programme offering a full day of fun planned activities, including before care and aftercare. Ideal for children aged 5 -12.
Tawa Recreation Centre holiday programme – July 2020 (2MB PDF)
Nairnville Recreation Centre
Full-day and after-care programmes with fun activities, including trips. Ideal for kids aged 5 to 12.
Nairnville Recreation Centre holiday programme – July 2020 (203KB PDF)
Karori Recreation Centre
- OSCAR programme: There's arts, crafts, recreation and down-time at Karori, ideal for kids aged 5 to 12.
- Basketball clinic: A four-hour basketball skills class designed for 9-12 year olds.
Karori Recreation Centre holiday programme – July 2020 (202KB PDF)
Other holiday programmes
- Botanic Garden and Otari-Wiltons Bush
Enjoy the outdoors and explore at the Botanic Gardens or Otari-Wiltons Bush, we have a range of programmes for a variety of age groups. See Wellington Gardens
Pop in to the library and have fun at their free holiday programmes for a range of ages. Wellington Libraries – school holidays
- Swimming lessons for children
The Council SwimWell programme is available during the school holidays with a wide variety of intensive courses from preschool to Mini Squad at Karori Pool, Keith Spry Pool, Tawa Pool and Wellington Regional Aquatic Centre.
- Just Shift It
Shift offers fun, social, and low cost activities for young women who want to move more and be inspired. For more information, contact email@example.com, or check out the Shift website or Facebook page.
- Wellington Zoo
Let the specially trained Zoo staff look after your little monkeys these school holidays, with programmes inspired by animals, conservation, and fun! Wellington Zoo – school holidays
- Capital E
The school holiday programme at Capital E features a variety of engaging, creative workshops for Wellington children. For more information, visit www.capitale.org.nz
- City Gallery
The Wellington City Gallery is hosting a Movies for Kids school holidays programme with free entry to the screenings. For more information, visit www.citygallery.org.nz/events
Casual holiday sessions
Some of our pools and Kilbirnie Recreation Centre offer casual school holiday sessions. No bookings needed, just turn up on the day.