To find out more about how our holiday programmes work, make sure you read the terms and conditions. You'll find out everything you need to know about what to do if you are going to be late or have to miss a session, before and after care arrangements, and health and safety.
ASB Sports Centre
- OSCAR programme Fun and Run: A day of recreation, inflatables, and scooter, ideal for kids aged 5 to 12.
- Sporting Skills: A full day 3-sports programme, ideal for kids aged 7 to 13.
- Breakout: A more mature programme with youth based activities, ideal for ages 11 to 14.
- Active Play (9:30am - 11:30am everyday during school holidays except for Saturdays): A casual drop in programme with an inflatable and soft equipment, ideal for ages 1 to 10.
ASB Sports Centre holiday programme – January 2020 (85KB PDF)
Tawa Recreation Centre
OSCAR programme offering a full day of fun planned activities, including before care and aftercare. Ideal for children aged 5 -12.
Tawa Recreation Centre holiday programme – January 2020 (279KB PDF)
Nairnville Recreation Centre
Full-day and after-care programmes with fun activities, including trips. Ideal for kids aged 5 to 12.
Nairnville Recreation Centre holiday programme – January 2020 (165KB PDF)
Karori Recreation Centre
- OSCAR programme: There's arts, crafts, recreation and down-time at Karori, ideal for kids aged 5 to 12.
- Basketball clinic: A four-hour basketball skills class designed for 9-12 year olds.
Karori Recreation Centre holiday programme – January 2020 (225KB PDF)
Other holiday programmes
- Botanic Garden and Otari-Wiltons Bush
Enjoy the outdoors and explore at the Botanic Gardens or Otari-Wiltons Bush, we have a range of programmes for a variety of age groups. See Wellington Gardens
Pop in to the library and have fun at their free holiday programmes for a range of ages. Wellington Libraries – school holidays
- Swimming lessons for children
The Council SwimWell programme is available during the school holidays with a wide variety of intensive courses from preschool to Mini Squad at Karori Pool, Keith Spry Pool, Tawa Pool and Wellington Regional Aquatic Centre.
- Just Shift It
Shift offers fun, social, and low cost activities for young women who want to move more and be inspired. For more information, contact email@example.com, or check out the Shift website or Facebook page.
Casual holiday sessions
Some of our pools and Kilbirnie Recreation Centre offer casual school holiday sessions. No bookings needed, just turn up on the day.