This Art Deco building has been owned by Westpac Trust since 1975, when it was bought by one of its predecessors, the Bank of New South Wales.
It was originally designed by Prouse and Wilson and built as a shop and ofﬁce building for Mrs M.W. Powley in 1936.
The names of electrical contractors Turnbull and Jones on the front facade suggests they were the building’s ﬁrst tenants.
The adaptation to a bank was undertaken by Haughton and Mair.