Wellington City Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council offer a public version of the Rating Information Database (RID). This database:
- includes names and postal address of all ratepayers - except those who have requested that their personal details are withheld
- is only available for use at the main offices of each council.
The version on this website will not include names or postal addresses.
Withholding your details
If you would like your personal details to be withheld from the public RID, complete the online form below.
Withholding Details Form
The purpose of the public RID is to assist people in making contact with property owners for legitimate reasons, such as resource consent applications. Your personal details will not be made available to any person for bulk data collection or direct marketing.
To view the public RID you can visit the main Council offices and make individual requests for properties.
Main office locations
- Wellington City Council – Arapaki Manners Library and Service Centre, 12 Manners Street
- Greater Wellington Regional Council – Shed 39, 2 Fryatt Quay, Wellington and 34 Chapel Street, Masterton
- If you own or are the ratepayer for more than one property, and you require your personal details withheld, you need to list each individual property.
- In cases where more than one owner exists, all owners' details for that property will be withheld if only one of the owners makes the request.
- Withholding information from the public RID does not affect the appearance of owners' names on the certificates of title which are available from LINZ.