4. If your application is successful
We’ll send you:
- the terms and conditions of landowner consent
- the licence agreements, which you’ll need to sign, witness and return within 30 days
- information about any bond that you need to pay.
5. Sign the agreements and apply for other consents
Within 30 days, you'll need to:
- sign, witness and return the licence agreements to the Encroachments team
- pay the bond (if relevant)
- apply for other consents (for example, building or resource consents) if you haven't already done so.
Building and resource consents
6. Build your encroachment
You will have 18 months to build your encroachment from the date your licence is issued.
If you think you'll need more time to complete the work, you can request an extension by email email@example.com
7. Once the work is finished
We’ll inspect the encroachment structure:
- when you contact us to let us know the work is complete, or
- after the 18 months are up if we haven’t heard from you.
For some types of encroachments, you will need to pay an annual fee. For example, there is an annual charge per square metre for parking structures, decks and balconies.
The annual encroachment fee is billed when the licence is signed, and then each year in advance from 1 July to 30 June.