Representation review for the 2019 and 2022 Wellington City Council elections
||4 April 2018
||4 May 2018
- May 2018: Oral submissions will be heard.
- May 2018: A report on the submissions will be considered by the Council and a final decision made on the proposed arrangements for the 2019 and 2022 elections.
- June 2018: The decision will be publicly notified and there will be a period in June and July when you can object to or appeal the decision.
- August 2018: If the arrangements the Council decides to adopt don't meet the Local Electoral Act's criteria, or if there is an objection or appeal, the representation arrangements will be referred to the Local Government Commission (LGC). The LGC will then make a final decision about the representation arrangements for Wellington's wards and community boards for the 2019 and 2022 local body elections.
- 10 April 2019: The LGC must make its decision by this date.