We keep a register of preferred contractors that have supplied or carried-out work for the Council.
Why do we keep a register of consultants?
We keep a register of pre-qualified suppliers to:
- understand the market's capability and capacity
- achieve the best possible value technical consultancy
- keep a high degree of skill and competition in the local market
- keep a record of external resources and specialist expertise in Wellington for complex or technically demanding work
- keep a record of external resources and specialist expertise in Wellington for quick recovery from natural disasters and other emergencies
- develop and retain enough in-house skills and knowledge to allow effective internal and external communication on all technical matters.
Our use of the Supplier Register
Our use of the register is based on the expectations of, and defined by, the Government's Rules of Sourcing Rule 52 ‘Registered Suppliers List:
Government Rules of Sourcing - New Zealand Government Procurement
The Council’s procurement policy allows our business units the flexibility to choose service providers:
- by direct appointment
- through a closed contest from the Supplier Register when the value of the work is within the Council’s defined limits.
Decisions around controlling, using and managing the Supplier Register are coordinated on behalf of the Council by the our Contracts and Procurement group.
Apply to go on the Supplier Register
Our Supplier Register is open to all and will allow new parties to register, existing parties to update their provided details, or extend the coverage of their service categories and specialties.
To apply to go on the Supplier Register, read the Standing Notice (243KB PDF) | Text version (200KB XLSM) to understand the registration process and complete the online application form.
The Council will review your application, review the information provided and confirm the results of your application.
Publishing the Register
Under the NZ Government Procurement Rules, the Council has to disclose through its website the names of those on the Council's Supplier Register.
We will not publish any contractual, commercial or confidential information provided by any supplier.
See below the Supplier Register showing the category listings and showing the suppliers registered for providing services.