About the Project
A new layout at this intersection is required to assist with the future increased traffic as a result of the new housing development on Spenmore Street.
We have assessed the current road layout and are proposing a roundabout at the intersection of Wakely and Newlands Roads to ease potential traffic congestion and improve the traffic flow and performance of this location. This will provide additional benefits, such as a safety at the intersection for all modes of transport and better provision for pedestrians.
These road layout changes are being fully funded by the property developers.
Newlands roundabout concept plan (1.3MB PDF)
- Engagement period – Monday 4 to Thursday 14 April 2022
- Traffic Resolution Consultation – 27 June to 10 July 2022
- Detailed design – April to July 2022
- Traffic Resolution Committee decision – Wednesday 10 August 2022
- Notify affected residents of construction – one to two weeks before construction starts
- Construction starts – Mid to late August 2022
If you have any questions or feedback regarding the proposed roundabout at the Newlands and Wakely Roads please contact: