The Wastewater Laterals Policy (2021) is about responsibilities for wastewater laterals, these are the pipes that connect wastewater from a property to a Council wastewater main.
Under this policy:
- the Council is responsible for the repair and renewal of wastewater laterals that are in public roads, and
- property owners are responsible for wastewater laterals from their property that are in; their property, a neighbouring private property or other public land (for example, a reserve).
Wastewater Laterals Policy (2021) (620KB PDF) | Text version (805KB RTF)
- Construction, consent requirements, transfer of ownership
- Wastewater lateral responsibility illustrations
- Operational policy and other Council policies
- Third party damage
The Wastewater Laterals Policy (2021) replaced the Laterals Policy (2005) that previously applied to wastewater laterals.