Our 2021-31 Long-term Plan (LTP) sets the direction for the next 10 years, outlines what we will be investing in, how much it may cost and how this will be funded.
The plan is focussed on fixing the city’s aging infrastructure, response to climate change, minimising sewage sludge and waste and cycleway networks.
The plan is published in two volumes.
Volume one includes:
- an overview of the outcomes and priority areas we are working towards
- a description of our services and key projects
- how we will track performance against outcomes and performance targets for services
- supporting and financial information on what it costs to deliver those services.
Long-term Plan 2021-31 – Volume 1 (4.33MB PDF) | Text version (136MB RTF)
Volume two includes:
- significant assumptions underpinning this plan
- financial policies and strategies that support this plan.
Long-term Plan 2021-31 – Volume 2 (4.71MB PDF) | Text version (99.6MB RTF)
City Housing amendment
In June 2022 the Council agreed an amendment to the 2021-31 Long-term Plan related to establishing a Community Housing Trust for the future management of the Council’s social housing portfolio (City Housing). You can read about the changes to the Long-term Plan as a result of this decision in the documents below.
City Housing 2021–31 Long-term Plan Amendment (1.31MB PDF) | Word version (485KB DOCX)
If you have any questions about these documents
These documents are complex, so if you have any questions about accessing or interpreting the information, contact us: email@example.com.
Consultation on the draft Long-term Plan took place between April and May 2020. To see what we consulted on and the feedback we received, go to:
Draft Long-term Plan 2021-31 closed consultation – Letstalk.govt.nz
For more information, contact the Planning and Reporting Team: firstname.lastname@example.org