Proposed District Plan Change 82: Seven zone changes and two associated text changes to the Wellington City District Plan
|Changes to Plan:
Volume III Maps
Tabitha Proffitt, Planning Officer
Phone: 04 499 4444
Public Notice - Notification of Decision
Notification of a District Plan Change under clause 10, Schedule 1 of the Resource Management Act 1991.
||Appeal Period - Open
| Start Date
||4 July 2018
| Closing Date
||5:00 p.m., 15 August 2018
On 30 May 2018 Wellington City Council approved District Plan Change 82, which involves seven minor zone changes and associated text changes to the Wellington City District Plan maps and text. The purpose is to aid in the efficient functioning of the District Plan by providing appropriate zoning for the future use and development of the properties involved.
The plan change includes the following:
- 142 Tauhinu Rd, Miramar – change the zone for part of this property from Open Space B to Outer Residential to match the rest of Council’s social housing estate in this vicinity
- 7C Melksham Drive, Churton Park – change the zone for all of this property from Outer Residential to Open Space A
- 16 Terrace Gardens (Flagstaff Hill Park) – change the zone for all of this property from Inner Residential to Open Space A
- 43 Peppertree Lane, Woodridge, and adjoining Council reserve – swapping Outer Residential and Open Space B zoning of the land involved in a land exchange
- 73 Hawker Street (St Gerard’s Monastery) and adjoining Council reserve (52 Mcfarlane Street) - swapping Inner Residential and Open Space B zoning of the land involved in a land exchange
- 6 Campbell Street, Karori – change the zone for all of this property from Outer Residential to Centres plus an amendment to Map 48 to extend the secondary street frontage along this property
- 2A Myrtle Crescent, Mt Cook – change the zone for part of this property from Inner Residential to Centres to match the rest of the property.
The text changes relate to minor amendments proposed for Volume 1 of the District Plan to improve references to the design guides for the Mt Victoria North and Thorndon Character Areas.
The notice of this decision is given under clause 10 of the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act 1991. From the date of this notice (4 July 2018), the District Plan is amended in accordance with this decision.
Copies of the Decision Report are also available for review at the following locations:
- the City Service Centre, Ground Floor of the Council Offices, 101 Wakefield Street, Wellington
- electronically at all Wellington City Libraries
Appeals to the Environment Court
Under clause 14 of the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act 1991, appeals may be made to the Environment Court within 30 working days of the notification of the decision. Appeals must be in the prescribed form and lodged with the Environment Court no later than 5 pm on Monday 15 August 2018.
A hearing was held for this District Plan Change at 9:15 am on Thursday 5 April 2018 in Committee Room 2, Ground Floor, Council Offices, 101 Wakefield Street.
On 11 December 2017 the Council notified District Plan Change 82, in which 13 original submissions were received. A summary of decisions requested (summary of submissions) was prepared, and the opportunity to make further submissions was notified on 2 March 2018 and closed on 16 March 2018.
Further Submissions Received
Original Submissions Received
Original Notification Documents
To receive a copy of any of the District Plan Change 82 documents please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: 04 499 4444