Two committees with similar delegations existed for the 2019-2022 triennium called the Finance, Audit and Risk Subcommittee and the Council Controlled Organisations Subcommittee.
Meeting Schedule 2021
Meeting schedule 2021
Note: Meeting times and dates are publicly notified and subject to change. To confirm dates, please contact Democracy Services.
Area of Focus
- The Finance and Performance Committee has the following responsibilities:
a. Financial oversight
b. Procurement policy
c. Financial and non-financial performance oversight in relation to the Long-term Plan and Annual Plan
d. Health and Safety
e. Non-strategic asset investment and divestment as provided for through the Long-Term Plan, and recommending to Council for matters not provided for in the Long-Term Plan.
f. CCO oversight and performance, with the exception of Wellington Water Limited which sits with the Infrastructure Committee
g. CCO director review and appointments
h. WellingtonNZ oversight and performance.
- The committee has the responsibility to discuss and approve a forward agenda.
- Mayor Andy Foster
- Councillor Diane Calvert (Chair)
- Councillor Jenny Condie
- Councillor Jill Day
- Councillor Fleur Fitzsimons
- Councillor Laurie Foon (Deputy Chair)
- Deputy Mayor Sarah Free
- Councillor Rebecca Matthews
- Councillor Teri O’Neill
- Councillor Iona Pannett
- Councillor Tamatha Paul
- Councillor Sean Rush
- Councillor Malcolm Sparrow
- Councillor Simon Woolf
- Councillor Nicola Young
- Liz Kelly - representative of Ngāti Toa
- One representative of Taranaki Whānui ki Te Upoko o Te Ika nominated by the Port Nicholson Block Settlement Trust and appointed by Council
Terms of Reference
Finance and Performance Committee - Terms of Reference and Delegations - 2019/22 (159KB)
Contact Democracy Services