Wellington Emergency Response Team
The Wellington Emergency Response Team is a trained volunteer group on hand to help the city in a large-scale emergency. It complements and supports Wellington City Council and emergency services such as the Fire Service, Ambulance or Police.
In weekly training sessions, team members develop a wide range of emergency skills to recognised standards. These skills are tested now and again in scenario-based exercises and competitions.
- Impact assessment including investigating and gathering information
- Helping with evacuation, security, and cordon and traffic control
- Supporting incident management and communications
- Providing initial medical support
- Giving public advice, messages and/or warnings
- Locating and recovering trapped and injured persons
Find out more: wellingtonresponse.org