Social media channels
The Council has the following social media channels.
The Council has a number of Facebook pages:
Wellington City Council
Social media rules
Wellington City Council reserves the right to remove contributions and followers on its social media pages that break the rules or guidelines of the relevant communities and our rules stated below.
Messages and images on the Council's social media pages must always be polite, appropriate and relevant.
Users of Wellington City Council social media pages must never:
- post messages or images that are unlawful, libelous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- post photos or videos of people without their prior consent
- post protected content copied from elsewhere
- post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once ('spamming')
- publicise personal information or contact details
- advertise products or services
- impersonate someone else.