Arapaki Manners Library and Service Centre
At Arapaki Manners Library and Service Centre, you can do most of your Council business as well as visit our pop-up Library which offers a small range of library services.
Contact us online
If you'd like to let us know something or have a question, use one of our online forms or send us an email: Contact Us
How we can help you at the Service Centre
As well as finding Council information there, you can:
- pay rates, Council housing rents, water meter bills, any other Council payments or loan repayments
- register dogs
- get information about Council facilities including pools, the landfill and rubbish collections
- apply and pay for building consents, resource consents, health and alcohol licensing
- apply and pay for land information memorandums, property reports, and building information reports
- report problems or faults with Council services.
Library services available at Arapaki
We have roughly 7,500 items on the shelves at any one time. A small children’s collection features alongside a range of fiction, non-fiction and AV items.
Library staff are on hand to answer questions, process payments, register new customers, and provide support and advice on the wide range of online content available through our eLibrary.
Please note that Arapaki is a relatively small space; internet access computers and some casual seating is available, however we may not be able to provide activities at this location.
Arapaki Library Services
Ways you can pay
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards for some services (see below)
- cheques and money orders - only for Council services and invoices (you can also post these)
Credit card payments
You can pay for the following using your Visa, MasterCard or American Express:
- monthly and daily coupon parking
- recycling bins
- GIS plans
- drainage plans
- sandwich boards
You cannot pay for the following with your credit card:
- water rates
- Council housing rent
- property rates
At the Newtown, Kilbirnie, Johnsonville, and Tawa branch libraries you can:
- buy recycling bags, green crates for glass recycling, and parking coupons
- pick up information and forms.
Branches - Wellington City Libraries
At your local PostShop you can use cash, cheque or EFTPOS to pay:
- any barcoded Council invoice
- Council housing rent
- dog registration
- sundry debtor invoices.
PostShop Locator - NZ Post
You can pay your rates online with your credit card.