Karori Sanctuary Trust
The Karori Sanctuary Trust, trading as ZEALANDIA, manages ongoing conservation and restoration work at ZEALANDIA sanctuary, works with local organisations and community groups to support local biodiversity, provides educational experiences, and connects people to New Zealand's unique natural heritage.
- manages a 225ha conservation estate home, to dozens of native species
- promotes conservation and advocates for New Zealand’s native wildlife
- works with local groups to improve biodiversity across the Wellington region
- partners with leading educational institutions to facilitate world-class environmental research
- facilitates educational programmes and resources to thousands of young people around the Wellington region.
Board of Trustees
- Phillip Meyer (FAIM, Life FNZIM, CF Inst D, F Fin) Board Chair
- Professor David Bibby (CNZM, PhD, DSc)
- Jo Breese
- Dr Libby Harrison
- Russell Spratt
- Pete Monk
- Professor Margaret Hyland
Annual reports and statements of intent are available on the ZEALANDIA website.