Moving large loads

Overweight or oversized loads could need a permit or special permissions.

Oversized loads

To get a permit for an oversize load, go to:

Overdimension Vehicles - NZ Transport Agency

Trolley bus wires

Any loads 4.6m or higher that need to travel under a trolley bus wire will need an escort. You can arrange for an escort by contacting:

Rex Hurley
Transfield Services Limited

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm
Phone: (04) 384 8374
Mobile: 027 579 7133 in an emergency

To check where the trolley bus wire network is located, contact Wellington Cable Car Limited for a location diagram:

Wellington Cable Car Limited
Phone:  (04) 473 2708

Overweight loads

To get permission for an overweight load, download and complete the NZ Transport Agency's Overweight Permit Application.

Overweight Vehicles - NZ Transport Agency

Applications Processing Officer

Phone: (04) 801 3426
Fax: (04) 801 3018