Certain premises need to be registered under the Health (Registration of Premises) Regulations 1966.
Under the Health Regulations 1966, if your business or operation falls under one of the following categories, you need a licence from us:
- hairdressers or barbers
- funeral home
- commercial pool, spa or sauna
- school pool
- animal boarding house (such as dog kennel or cattery)
- poultry farm
- an offensive trade, as listed in Schedule 3, Health Act 1956
Apply for a new registration
Use the form below for:
- a new licence/registration
- a change of occupier
Application for registration of premises (39KB PDF)
Send your completed form:
- by email: email@example.com – we'll send you details for paying fees.
- by post – include a cheque for fees:
PO Box 2199
- in person at our Service Centre – fees can be paid using cash, cheque, EFTPOS and credit card.
||Charges (GST included)
|Change of occupier
|Mortuaries / funeral directors
|Pools: commercial pools / spas
|Schools pools (no entry fee)
|Poultry farm / piggery
You can pay your annual re-registration online using your credit card. You'll need your reference number which you'll find in the re-registration pack sent to you. Select 'Food sellers' as payment type.
Late payments are calculated as charge + 10%. You can pay either online or at the Council's Service Centre.