The Tawa Community Grants Fund is designed to assist projects within the jurisdiction of Tawa Community Board area (including Takapu Valley and Grenada North).
Approximately $15,000 is available to allocate per year.
Read the information below, then register and apply online through our funding portal.
About the grant
Find out when this funding is open:
To be eligible, applicants must:
Preference will be given to projects that will be completed within 12 months.
- show their project benefits residents of Tawa
- not have excess unallocated reserve funds
- The project benefits the residents of Tawa.
- Grants may be made for charitable, educational, welfare, community development, cultural, recreational, sporting, activity development, equipment or training programmes.
- Preference may be given to grants that help develop and support those who are economically or socially disadvantaged.
- Grants will not be made for purposes that the Tawa Community Board considers to be subsidising subscriptions, rent or debt - except in exceptional circumstances.
- The applicant is a legally constituted community group or organisation.
- The applicant group must not have excess unallocated reserve funds.