Tawa Community Grants
These grants provide financial support for community initiatives in Tawa.
The Tawa Community Grants Fund is designed to assist projects within the jurisdiction of Tawa Community Board area (including Takapu Valley and Grenada North).
Approximately $15,000 is available to allocate per year.
Read the information below, then register and apply online through our funding portal.
About the grant
Find out when this funding is open:
To be eligible, applicants must:
Preference will be given to projects that will be completed within 12 months.
- show their project benefits residents of Tawa
- not have excess unallocated reserve funds
- The project benefits the residents of Tawa.
- Grants may be made for charitable, educational, welfare, community development, cultural, recreational, sporting, activity development, equipment or training programmes.
- Preference may be given to grants that help develop and support those who are economically or socially disadvantaged.
- Grants will not be made for purposes that the Tawa Community Board considers to be subsidising subscriptions, rent or debt - except in exceptional circumstances.
- The applicant is a legally constituted community group or organisation.
- The applicant group must not have excess unallocated reserve funds.