Approximately $30,000 is available to allocate per year.
About the grant
The Council administers the CH Izard Bequest on the trustee's behalf.
To be eligible, projects must:
- be for educational purposes or to support needy, disadvantaged groups in the community
- be an application from a group or organisation (individuals are not eligible)
- be within the Wellington city rate-paying area
- Your project makes a positive contribution to achieving the Council's Strategic Outcomes and points of difference as listed in our Annual Plan.
- The project is Wellington based and primarily benefits the people of Wellington city.
- The applicant is a legally constituted community group or organisation, not an individual or individuals. (Groups may apply under an appropriate umbrella organisation.)
- The applicant group provides evidence of (or, if a new group, systems for):
- sound financial management
- good employment practice (where applicable)
- clear and detailed planning
- clear performance measures
- demonstrated ability to report back on past funding as appropriate.
- Projects will not be funded for the same purpose more than once in any financial year.
- Failure to report adequately on past Council funding can result in a group being considered ineligible for future funding.
- The project should be physically and financially accessible either by a wide range of people or by the intended users.
- The project should show evidence of community support, collaboration and building partnerships with other organisations (such as letters of support from other organisations / leaders).
- The applicant must demonstrate that the project expands the capacity, range or level of similar types of services in the community and that it has involved users in identifying the need for the project.
- The principal intent of the project is not for private or commercial financial gain, though such gains may occur as a side effect of the project.
- The application must demonstrate an awareness of the Treaty of Waitangi, in particular when involving mana whenua and taura here.
- The project is for a charitable and / or educational purpose.