The Soundshell sits inside the Founders Entrance to the Wellington Botanic Garden on Glenmore Street in Thorndon.
It is an ideal space for small wedding groups (under 20) and formal outdoor functions.
$180 non-refundable booking fee. Other fees may apply.
Anytime, but no amplified music is allowed after 10pm. Unfortunately, the Soundshell cannot be hired exclusively.
- Wheelchair access via the Founders Entrance and to the left of the Soundshell down the ramp.
- Vehicles are not permitted in the Founders Entrance gates.
- Marquees can't be used at the Soundshell.
- Please remove all rubbish at the end of your event.
- No ball or frisbee games, and no spikes in the ground.
- Barbeques can't be used at the Soundshell.
- No use of drones without prior approval.
- Botanic garden is smoke free.
- No confetti, rice, bird seed, flower petals or glitter is permitted.
Booking and payment
To request a booking at this venue, complete the booking form and send it to the Venue and Bookings Coordinator at Treehouse@wcc.govt.nz.
If you have already secured a booking and have been issued a reference number, you can pay online.
Pay for botanic garden venue