The Cockayne Lawn at Otari-Wilton's Bush in Wilton is an ideal venue for intimate outdoor weddings.
$180 non-refundable booking fee.
Available for weddings by prior arrangement.
Public toilets are available at the nearby Otari Information Centre.
Car parking is available nearby at the main car park on Wilton Road. Wheelchair access is available from the main car park on Wilton Road.
Notes and hireage conditions
- Otari-Wilton's Bush is primarily a public botanic garden and remains open to the public at all times.
- Weddings must be pre-booked, including time for setting up and clearing away.
- Confetti, rice, flower petals, bird seed and glitter are not permitted.
- No indoor, wet-weather alternative is available at Otari-Wilton's Bush for weddings.
- No electricity is available at the Cockayne Lawn.
- No vehicle access is available to the Cockayne Lawn.
- Up to 20 chairs without spikes may be used on Cockayne Lawn but not on the paths around the area.
- No marquees, gazebos or awnings are allowed.
Bookings and payment
To request a booking at this venue, complete the booking form and send it to the Venues and Bookings Coordinator at Treehouse@wcc.govt.nz.
If you've already secured a booking and have been issued a reference number, you can pay online.
Pay for botanic garden venue