Carter Observatory - venue for hire
A variety of spaces at the Observatory are available for hire including the planetarium. You can also arrange to use the historic telescope or take a tour.
Historic telescope in the Carter Observatory dome
Carter Observatory and Planetarium near the top of the Cable Car at 40 Salamanca Road in Kelburn is the ideal place for your next function. Dine under the stars at the Pelorus Trust planetarium, and enjoy star gazing with the Observatory's historic telescope.
- Full venue: 150 people for cocktails
- Planetarium: 60 for seated dinner and show
|| Contact Carter Observatory for details
- Dine under the stars in the Pelorus Trust planetarium - an experience unique in New Zealand
- The OMV Exploration Room seats 30 - 80 people
- The Community Trust of Wellington Library seats 10 - 12 people
- Historic telescope with star gazing available on request
- Tailored tours of our multimedia exhibits on our Southern Skies are available
|| Situated in the Botanic Garden, a 2-minute walk from the top of the Cable Car