The Begonia House is located next to the Lady Norwood Rose Garden in the Botanic Garden. It's an indoor venue, and the temperature is kept between 16°C - 20°C.
The Begonia House is suitable for weddings and civil unions, formal and corporate functions, and formal dinners.
- up to 90 people seated
- 120 people standing
- Main foyer area (minus the semi-circular window bay) is approximately 113m2 (8.7m x 13m)
$180 non-refundable deposit
- 4 hours (5pm-9pm) - $600 (minimum 4 hours hire)
- Full evening (5pm-1am) - $900
Refundable Bond $1000.00 depending on function style. Contact the Treehouse Visitor Centre for more details.
Cleaning fee (compulsory) $100.00
- 5pm to 1am.
- Functions in the Begonia House Foyer do not include access to the Lily House.
- Four power points
- Fixed bench seating for 12 people
- Catering kitchen with bench space, water heater and sink (note: no oven or refrigerator)
- No sound system or tables and chairs are provided
- Disability access through Lady Norwood Rose Garden
- Car park next to Lady Norwood Rose Garden
- Car park access through Centennial entrance, Glenmore Street
Important Notice - Begonia House Shop
As of 1 July 2018, the Begonia House Shop space will not be included in the hired area, and access to the kitchenette will be via the external door and through the courtyard.
- Functions must be pre-booked and include time for setup and clearing away.
- Self-catering is not permitted.
- Music must be kept to a reasonable level, especially after 10pm - all music must stop by 12 midnight.
- The venue must be left clean and tidy.
- Clients are to remove all belongings and rubbish at the end of the function.
- No confetti, rice, flower petals or glitter are to be scattered anywhere in the Begonia House or garden.
- Battery-operated candles only, no open flames.
- No BBQs inside or in front of the Begonia House.
- The Botanic Garden and its buildings are smoke free.
- Premises to be vacated and locked by 1am.
Bookings and payment
To request a booking at this venue, complete the booking form and email it to the Venue and Bookings Coordinator at Treehouse@wcc.govt.nz.