Begonia House Foyer
The Begonia House Foyer in Wellington's Botanic Garden can be hired for functions and weddings.
The Begonia House is located next to the Lady Norwood Rose Garden in the Botanic Garden. It's an indoor venue, and the temperature is kept between 16°C - 20°C.
The Begonia House is suitable for weddings and civil unions, formal and corporate functions, and formal dinners.
Find out more about function hire at the Botanic Gardens:
- 90 people seated
- 120 people standing
- Main foyer area (minus the semi-circular window bay) is approximately 113m2 (8.7m x 13m)
$120 non-refundable deposit, minimum 4 hours hire.
- 4 hours (5pm-9pm) - $600
- 5 hours (5pm-10pm) - $700
- 6 hours (5pm-11pm) - $800
- Full evening (5pm-1am) - $850
You will also need to pay a bond, the amount of which will depend on your booking. Take a look at the hireage conditions.
Contact the Treehouse Visitor Centre for more details and to get an idea of the size of your bond.
- 5pm to 1am.
- Functions in the Begonia House Foyer do not include access to the Lily House.
- Four power points
- Fixed bench seating for 12 people
- Catering kitchen with bench space, water heater and sink (note: no oven or refrigerator)
- No sound system or tables and chairs are provided
- Disability access through Lady Norwood Rose Garden
- Car park next to Lady Norwood Rose Garden
- Car park access through Centennial entrance, Glenmore Street
Important Notice - Begonia House Shop
As of 1 July 2018, the Begonia House Shop space will not be included in the hired area, and access to the kitchenette will be via the external door and through the courtyard.
- Functions must be pre-booked and include time for setup and clearing away
- Self-catering is not permitted
- Music must be kept to a reasonable level, especially after 10pm - all music must stop by 12 midnight
- The venue must be left clean and tidy
- Clients are to remove all belongings and rubbish at the end of the function
- No confetti, rice, or flower petals are to be scattered anywhere in the Begonia House or garden
- Battery-operated candles only, no open flames
- No BBQs inside or in front of the Begonia House
- The Botanic Garden and its buildings are smoke free
- Premises to be vacated and locked by 1am
Bookings and payment
To request a booking at this venue, complete the booking form: