Masons Screen is an outdoor 24-hour public screen for artists' videos.
Supported by Wellington City Council and programmed by CIRCUIT Artist Film and Video Aotearoa New Zealand, Masons Screen presents a new artist’s work each month.
The screen is located on Masons Lane – a pedestrian walkway between The Terrace and Lambton Quay.
Call for proposals
A call for new works is issued via CIRCUIT and Wellington City Council. Works must be made by a Wellington-based or affiliated artist, or as part of a project in the Wellington region.
To keep up to date with deadlines, subscribe to our monthly City Arts Panui e-newsletter.
Maori Lane: Oct 08, 2012 (2012), Layne Waerea.
Maori Lane: Oct 08, 2012 (2012)
Artist: Layne Waerea
Date: 15 August - 11 September
30 seconds, Digital Video, Sound
A chalk inscription on an Auckland road is worn away by passing cars. Layne Waerea is an Auckland-based artist and former lawyer whose practice questions assumptions of ownership and title.
Cast Movements: Leitmotif – Florence Wild
Cast Movements: Leitmotif (2017)
Artist: Florence Wild
Date: 12 September - 9 October
10 minutes 51 seconds, Digital Video, Silent
Proposed as an intervention in Masons Lane, Cast Movements: Leitmotif offers a gentle distraction from everyday routine and digital connectivity. Florence Wild is a New Zealand artist currently based in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Ziggy Lever, Beam Splitting (2017)
- Cinton Watkins, Feedback (2010)
- Judy Darragh, Tunnel of Love (2003)
- Kate Walker, Cloudship (2018)
- Bent, Art for no-one (2014)
- John Chrisstoffels, Ritornello (2018)
- Miranda Bellamy, Drip, release, in complete memory (2018)
- Talia Smith, The light between two points (2018)
- Martin Rumsby, Sojourns (2018)
- Dilohana Lekamge, Pilot - Gilmore Girls: Season 1, Episode 1 (2018)
- Elizabeth Pointon, A Guide To: Effective Implementation of Self-Service (2017)
- Aydriannah Tuiali’i (Ngā Puhi/Ngāti Hāmoa),Kōwhai (2017)
- Sam Hamilton, More of less Rubbish (2017)
- Sandy Gibbs, Lighting an old Flame (2017)
- Mark Harvey, Let's Go! (2017)
- Claire Harris, Beseated (2017)
- Christina Read, The Brain My Brain (2017)
- Lara Lindsay-Parker, Sad @ the beach (2017)
- Matilda Fraser, The Eight Hours Plan (2017)
- Guillaume Cailleau, Funktionslust (2017)
- Anna Iti, All the way to Te Rerenga Wairua (2017)
- Sriwhana Spong, Learning Duets (2012) / Beach Study (2012)
- Melissa Irving, being-(t)here (2012)
- Robyn Jordaan, The Present Continuous (2016)
- Mike Ting, Kind of Blue (2016)
- Sam Norton, Untitled 3 (2015)
- Aliyah Winter, Eli Jenkins Prayer (2015)
- Hugh Chesterman, i am who i am (who am i?) (2016)
- Chris Ulutupu, Ladies (2016)
- Kate Woods, Water Feature (2016)
- Mike Heynes, Location!… location? (2016)
- Sarah Jane Parton, The Best Trick (Everyone Smiles at Hotel Smile) (2016)
- Bridget Reweti, Mana Tū, Mana Toa, Mana Ake Ake (2015)
- Gabrielle Amodeo, Slow and mournfully; slow and sad; slow and solemnly (2013)
- Caroline Johnston, Songs about PLEASE REMOVE (2014)
- Heather Hayward, Les Mills Gym (2014)
- Erica Sklenars, Popsicle (2011)
- Jordana Bragg, How to water the roses (3) (2015)
- Laura Duffy, Food fat insanity (2015)
- Terry Urbahn, Don't Die Until Later (2013)
- Denise Batchelor, Stranded (2015)