Description: 400m UCI international-level BMX track with start gate
Location: Southern end of Ian Galloway Park, Curtis Street, Northland / Wilton
Entrance and exit points: Whitehead Road, Curtis Street
Parking: Carpark off Whitehead Road
The track provides challenges for both beginners and elite riders.
- Five-metre start ramp
- State-of-the-art start gate (operational only during Capital BMX Club training and race events)
- Club and pro-line in the third straight
Hours open to the public
The track is open to the public outside of Capital BMX Club race and training events. To check when these events are on, visit Capital BMX Facebook.
Rules / safety
- Bikes must have slick tyres (no knobbly mountain bike tyres).
- Riders must wear a full-face helmet and gloves.
- Elbow and knee guards are strongly recommended.
Club days and membership
If you would like to compete and race, you can join Capital BMX Club as an individual or as a family, and enjoy training and inter-club racing.
When: The BMX race season is during the summer, running from September to April.
Cost: Capital BMX club memberships from $100 (including BMX NZ race licence).
More information: For club membership, track information and updates, visit: Capital BMX Club Wellington and Capital BMX Facebook or email CapitalBMX.email@example.com.