Engaging an engineer to strengthen your building

Any strengthening work or partial demolition carried out on your earthquake-prone building requires the involvement of a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng).

Finding an engineer

Your engineer will advise you on possible strengthening or demolition options, and if necessary, provide an assessment report to show that the building will achieve 34% NBS or greater once the works are carried out.

Engineering New Zealand - Find an engineer 
ACENZ - Wellington Directory

Need help?

Email: buildingresilience@wcc.govt.nz 
Phone: 04 499 4444