Consents you might need

Strengthening or demolition works likely triggers the requirement for building and/or resource consent.

Before you start seismic work

To carry out strengthening or demolition work you are likely to need a building consent. You may also need a resource consent. A suitably qualified person, such as a chartered structural engineer, will be able to advise you of your options.

Building and resource consents

We also recommend discussing your plans with the building consent and/or resource consent teams before finalising your plans.

Talk to us before you apply

Need help?

Phone: 04 499 4444