Who is eligible for a reimbursement
You may be eligible for a reimbursement of up to $2,500 for each resource consent application if:
- your application required a resource consent because of a heritage listing
- the Council supports the proposed works.
We may also consider other relevant heritage conservation matters when deciding if your application meets our criteria for a reimbursement.
To be eligible:
- you must be a private owner or a charitable trust, including church organisations.
You won't be eligible if:
- you're part of the Crown, Crown entities, district health boards, community boards, Council Controlled Organisations or Council business units
- your application has received resource consent fee assistance through Wellington City Council’s Built Heritage Incentive Fund.
Altering a heritage building
How it works
If you're eligible for reimbursement, we'll contact you after your resource consent is approved.
The decision to grant a reimbursement is at the discretion of Council’s heritage advisors.
The heritage advisors may specify certain conditions before granting the reimbursement. You'll need to agree to these conditions in writing and pay back any reimbursed resource consent fees if the conditions are violated.